I installed an instance of wikifab a couple of days ago, it went pretty well and I have to say thank you to everyone who has made this software possible
There were a couple of small issues I thought I would mention, first the environment;
I installed on a debian wheezy server with LAMP stack (php 5.6) using method 2 from the official instructions and mediawiki 1.29.2. I first tried with mediawiki 1.30 but after set up loading a page complained of tables not found so i guessed this was not supported and used the older version. There was a small hiccup with the extensions failing because git was not installed but installing git got me to the end without any further trouble.
The only tricky part I found (apart from the issues I still have, but that's for another thread) was changing the category names on the explorer drop down menu. I found the configuration notes in the docs folder and followed the 3 steps as detailed. The part that was confusing was that the first step
###1. Change the categories in Wikifab
1a. Edit your /Property:Area page and modify the category
doesn't specify that this happens in the browser! I have never configured software from the prowser before and it took hours for me to work it out. I found and edited every Page_Area.txt on my server (it does't help!)
So, apart from that one things (and really it could just be me) the docs are good and the install process is quite smooth.
Once again.. Thank YOU!